Out of bounds on the climb
18 days ago
United States

While doing runs the other day, I stumbled across this OoB on the climb up to the apartment:

I tried to replicate it afterwards to see if there was a way to perform it earlier (since if you have to fall from further up the building to perform it, it obviously wouldn't be worthwhile). I quickly came up with a way to get out of bounds sooner, as demonstrated here:

First, you need to go left once you get to the ventilation duct on the cat's building, instead of right like you normally would to jump from Taffy's building. Then, you need to perform a jump onto the duct on the opposite side of that corner (between the 6 and 11 second marks). The jump can be a little finnicky, but it's not particularly difficult, at least in my experience. (I found that jump day 1, but haven't seen anyone else use it, and since the Taffy jump turned out to be a little faster, I didn't think it was worth bringing up sooner.)

You then climb the intended way until just before the apartment where you see the crow. Once there, you need to climb up to where the plants are located in the corner outside, and hop onto the fence. This was the hardest part in my testing, as you need to find a lineup where the cat doesn't immediately try to jump off the fence. If you've accomplished that, approach the wall parallel to the clothesline. It seems like that wall has some pretty wonky collision detection; some of it may come from the clothesline being so close to it, but regardless, I was able to get out of bounds in multiple locations along the wall.

Once you're close enough to the wall, you can jump off the fence and either onto the clothesline, or somewhere along the wall itself. From there, it's possible to get out of bounds. However you get out of bounds there, you should be able to immediately get over to the section of the building where construction is taking place, and easily jump back in bounds, skipping a noteworthy amount of the climb past the crow.

I have little doubt this is going to be a rough trick to get consistently, but it definitely saves a handful of seconds over the current climbing route if performed optimally. As far as I can tell, it should help most in the Glitchless Any% route, with potential to help in the longer categories as well. I'm not sure if the method of getting out of bounds here is considered a glitch (the wonky camera doesn't exactly make it easy to tell what's going on, after all), but regardless, I thought this was important enough to share.

Also worth noting: I performed both of the clips shown above at a frame rate cap of 60FPS, so do with that knowledge what you will.

Best of luck to everyone who decides to implement this in their runs!

Portland, OR, USA

thank you for the thorough post on how to replicate it! this is definitely a glitch though, and would disqualify glitchless runs. but perhaps not the route you take to get to that spot though. curious if that saves time on its own.

edit: to further clarify, any method to get out of bounds is currently considered a glitch. being out of bounds is a glitch.

Отредактировано пользователем автор 18 days ago
United States

Gotcha. There was no category rule specifically referring to OoB, so I wasn't sure if it qualified. Whether or not OoB is considered a glitch isn't exactly consistent from game to game, so thanks for clarifying its status here.

BiggE_Huggs нравится это
Статистика игры
Подписчики
Времена
Игроки
Последние новости
New Start & End Frames

Hello again!

The poll we ran in the has finished, indicating that we should start runs on the first frame of interaction in the trash bin, and ending on the very first frame of the final cutscene (first frame the white outline appears). Ensure you are timing

16 days ago
Последние темы
Опубликовано 17 days ago
1 ответ
Опубликовано 17 days ago
games:thread_reply_count
Опубликовано 20 days ago
1 ответ
Опубликовано 20 days ago
Опубликовано 22 days ago